Guru Piket Hari ini
- Cucu Awalina
- Dra.Hj.Eti Suwartiningsih
- Nani Fatimah
Pengunjung : 27.967.863
Anggota Online : 1 orang
- Sri Mulyaningsih
- Orangtua Siswa
Bhs.Inggris – Perbedaan Narrative Text dan Recount Text
Bhs.Inggris – Perbedaan Narrative Text dan Recount Text
Pengertian narrative Text
Disebutkan bahwa A narrative text is an imaginative story to entertain people (teks narasi adalah cerita imaginatif yang bertujuan menghibur orang).
Jika melihat pada kamus bahasa Inggris, secara harfiah narrative bermakna (1) a spoken or written account of connected events; a story. (2) the narrated part of a literary work, as distinct from dialogue. (3) the practice or art of narration.
(Narrative bermakna : 1. sebuah cerita baik terucap atau tertulis tentang peristiwa-peristiwa yang berhubungan. 2. bagian yang diceritakan dalam sebuah karya sastra, berbeda dengan dialog. 3. Praktik atau seni bercerita)
Jika disimpulkan, maka sebuah narrative text adalah teks yang berisi sebuah cerita baik tertulis ataupun tidak tertulis dan terdapat rangkaian peristiwa yang saling terhubung.
Generic Structure dari Narrative Text
Bagi sobat yang masih duduk di bangku sekolah tingkat menengah, penjelasan mengenai narrative texts tak usah sulit-sulit ya.. Intinya, narrative text ini mempunyai struktur / susunan seperti di bawah ini :
- Orientation: It is about the opening paragraph where the characters of the story are introduced.(berisi pengenalan tokoh, tempat dan waktu terjadinya cerita (siapa atau apa, kapan dan dimana)
- Complication: Where the problems in the story developed. (Permasalahan muncul / mulai terjadi dan berkembang)
- Resolution: Where the problems in the story is solved. Masalah selesai, --- secara baik "happy ending" ataupun buruk "bad ending".
Recount Textatau Teks Experiences merupakan teks yang berisi dan menggambarkan pengalaman masa lalu dengan menceritakan kembali peristiwa dalam urutan yang terjadi (kronologis). Tujuan dari recount text atau experiences teks adalah untuk menceritakan kembali peristiwa dengan tujuan baik menginformasikan atau menghibur audiens.
GenericStructure of Recount
1. Orientation: Introducing the participants, place and time. (Menceritakan siapa saja yang terlibat dalam cerita, apa yang terjadi, di mana tempat peristiwa terjadi, dan kapan terjadi peristiwanya)
2. Events: Describing series of event that happened in the past. (Menceritakan apa yang terjadi (lagi) dan menceritakan urutan ceritanya)
3. Reorientation: It is optional. Stating personal comment of the writer to the story. ("Reorientation" berisi komentar pribadi penulis cerita dan penutup cerita / akhir cerita)
Language Feature of Recount
• Introducing personal participant; I, my group, etc
• Using chronological connection; then, first, etc
• Using linking verb; was, were, saw, heard, etc
• Using action verb; look, go, change, etc
• Using simple past tense
Definisi / Pengertian
“Narrative” is a text telling a story focusing specific participants. Its social function is to tell stories or past events and entertain the readers.
“Recount” is a text which retells events or experiences in the past. Its purpose is either to inform or to entertain the audience.
1. Orientation: Introducing the participants and informing the time and the place
2. Complication: Describing the rising crises which the participants have to do with
3. Resolution: Showing the way of participant to solve the crises, better or worse
1. Orientation: Introducing the participants, place and time
2. Events: Describing series of event that happened in the past
3. Reorientation: It is optional. Stating personal comment of the writer to the story
1. Using processes verbs
2. Using temporal conjunction
3. Using Simple Past Tense
1. Introducing personal participant;
2. Using chronological connection; then, first, etc
Contoh Narrative Text
Sincere Will Get a Great Return
Once upon a time, there was a kingdom named Auretto, all people lived peacefully there. One of them was Charlita, the king’s daughter who was assumed as the most beautiful and kindest Princess of Auretto.
One day, Charlita looked blue. Because of that her father got confused. “What’s the matter my beautiful daughter? Why are you so sad?” asked King Fernando. Charlita was just silent. She did not say anything.
Then, King Fernando decided to make a competition to cheer Charlita again. After that, the palace representative announce: “I will make a competition. The aim is to make my daughter, Princess Charlita to be happy and laugh again. Everyone who can do it, will get a prize. It will be held tomorrow when the sun rises. Sign: King Fernando.”
The following morning, everybody came to the palace, tried to give their best performance. They seemed happy and laugh, but not for Princess Charlita. She was just silent and still looked sad.
King Fernando started to give up. No one amused his daughter. Then, there came a young handsome man. “Excuse me King Fernando. I would like to join your competition. But, would you mind if I took Princess Charlita for a walk?” said the young man gently. “As long as you make my daughter be happy again, it will totally alright.” said King Fernando. The young handsome man took Princess Charlita for a walk in a beautiful blue lake with a green forest around it. Princess Charlita smiled and looked happy after that. Every body looked happy, too. “I know why are you so my beautiful daughter. Now, I promise I will environment green. I regret for always destroying it. Finally, the environment around the kingdom became so beautiful and green, full of plants. Then, the young handsome man got a prize from the king. “I will marry you off my daughter.” said him. “That is the prize I promise for you. Thanks for keeping our environment well. Thanks for making my daughter happy again.”
I had my adolescence when I was thirteen.
It started with acne that showed up on my face. It was very annoying. It lowered my self-esteem and I was embarrassed to come out of my house and play with friends.
Fortunately, my Mum gave me a good medicine. In three weeks, the acnes started to vanish although those showed some black spots in my face.
That was my bad experience with adolescence, though there were still lots of good experience too.
Orientation: Paragraf pertama, (I had my adolescence when I was thirteen)
Events: Paragraf kedua dan ketiga.
Reorientation: Paragraf keempat (terakhir)